Dedication

DEDICATION

To RKS
you were my first
you could have been my last
you are my lost

And to YHWH
You are my first
You are my last
I'm no longer lost
Isaiah 61:1-3
"...beauty for ashes..."

- Mildred Achoch, 4th September, 2011

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

A big thank you to David Citino and his amazing, inspirational book "Paperwork", for reminding me that poems - and poets - are worth something.

Many thanks to my namesake "Mimi" Mik for taking the time to read my crazy poems, and for giving me her invaluable feedback. You rock!

Asante sana to Murfy's Flaw for being one of the coolest and 'down-to-earthest' Kenyan rock bands! And for allowing their awesome song "In Silence" to be part of the soundtrack of this book of poems.

I salute the prolific poet Phatalvision for reading ALL my poems! By the way sir, "old school" is "gold 'n' cool" :-)

I am very thankful to my mum, dad and sister, for putting up with me all these years. I love you!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moon Man (REM Tribute)

two hours of not being on

five days left

completely stumped

leaning over his shoulder


drive each other crazy

driving around in rental

car cassette singing along

for four days


we reconvened

we were stunned

magical moments

have disappeared


into the mists of time.


Poet's note: I am a huge REM fan! This found poem was created from the liner notes inside the REM CD titled "The Best of REM: In Time - 1988-2003"

About "Man on the Moon" REM wrote: "With five days left before the record was mastered, we had the track completely finished except for the lyrics. Michael was completely stumped, and was gettng quite irritated with all of us leaning over his shoulder. It was decided that rather than drive each other crazy in the studio, we would take a few days off. Michael spent his time off driving around in his rental car with a cassette of the track singing along for four days."

No comments:

Post a Comment