Dedication

DEDICATION

To RKS
you were my first
you could have been my last
you are my lost

And to YHWH
You are my first
You are my last
I'm no longer lost
Isaiah 61:1-3
"...beauty for ashes..."

- Mildred Achoch, 4th September, 2011

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

A big thank you to David Citino and his amazing, inspirational book "Paperwork", for reminding me that poems - and poets - are worth something.

Many thanks to my namesake "Mimi" Mik for taking the time to read my crazy poems, and for giving me her invaluable feedback. You rock!

Asante sana to Murfy's Flaw for being one of the coolest and 'down-to-earthest' Kenyan rock bands! And for allowing their awesome song "In Silence" to be part of the soundtrack of this book of poems.

I salute the prolific poet Phatalvision for reading ALL my poems! By the way sir, "old school" is "gold 'n' cool" :-)

I am very thankful to my mum, dad and sister, for putting up with me all these years. I love you!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Approval of Abortion?

maternal mortality
all corners of the country
medics see mischief in move
to distribute the drugs

Misoprostol.

heavy bleeding
ante-natal
quacks in back streets
vaginal bleeding

Misoprostol.

pro-abortion agenda
pushed in a veiled manner
praise
'saviour drug'

Misoprostol.

Poet's note: This is a found poem created from an article titled "Bitter row erupts over 'abortion' pill' written by Francis Mureithi. It appeared in the Saturday Nation dated June 18, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment