Oulipost #25: Larding
Aka “line stretching.” From your newspaper text, pick two sentences. Add a new sentence between the first two; then two sentences in the new intervals that have become available; and continue to add sentences until the passage has attained the length desired. The supplementary sentences must either enrich the existing narrative or create a new narrative continuity.
1. It always amazes me how much development has taken place in this city since my childhood.
4. I have been on a voyage into rock music sub-genres as I search for a new sound to get addicted to.
9. The Study, titled Predictor of Extra-Marital Partnerships among Women Married to Fishermen along Lake Victoria in Kisumu County, Kenya, was published last week in PLOs journal
3. A woman was found hanging in the house of a man who inherited her at Obumba in Muhoroni, Kisumu County.
6. “I believe in one thing; when you help me out, God will bless you,” she said.
5. For me, it all began when Nakumatt replaced Uchumi as the place to do your holiday shopping.
8. Some people wait for perfect conditions, while others create the conditions they want through their actions and decisions.
2. Sometimes I just stare at some new building and think, “Haiya, when did this happen?”
1, 2 and 5: "The More Things Change" The Daily Nation. 25 Apr. 2014 Zuqka 9. (facebook.com/Nadiathewritergirl)
7 and 8. "Waiting? That is sheer lack of a plan". The Daily Nation. Jobs 2
4. "Diskavering Ska Rock" Zuqka 8. By Sam Kiranga
9. "Adulterly blunts war on Aids, new research shows." The Daily Nation pg 1 and 2 by Joy Wanja Muraya
3. "Woman kills self after arson attack" The Daily Nation pg 2.
6. "Emily opens doors of fortune for family." The Daily Nation pg 3