Dedication

DEDICATION

To RKS
you were my first
you could have been my last
you are my lost

And to YHWH
You are my first
You are my last
I'm no longer lost
Isaiah 61:1-3
"...beauty for ashes..."

- Mildred Achoch, 4th September, 2011

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

A big thank you to David Citino and his amazing, inspirational book "Paperwork", for reminding me that poems - and poets - are worth something.

Many thanks to my namesake "Mimi" Mik for taking the time to read my crazy poems, and for giving me her invaluable feedback. You rock!

Asante sana to Murfy's Flaw for being one of the coolest and 'down-to-earthest' Kenyan rock bands! And for allowing their awesome song "In Silence" to be part of the soundtrack of this book of poems.

I salute the prolific poet Phatalvision for reading ALL my poems! By the way sir, "old school" is "gold 'n' cool" :-)

I am very thankful to my mum, dad and sister, for putting up with me all these years. I love you!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

OULIPOST#29: Beauty and the Bust and does size matter?

OULIPOST #29: CANADA DRY

The name of this procedure is taken from the soft drink marketed as “the champagne of ginger ales.” The drink may have bubbles, but it isn’t champagne. In the words of Paul Fournel, who coined the term, a Canada Dry text “has the taste and color of a restriction but does not follow a restriction.” (A musical example is Andrew Bird’s “Fake Palindromes.”)  Be creative, and write a poem sourced from your newspaper that sounds like it’s been Oulipo-ed, but hasn’t.

Size, delay, hardrock
power and rockhard
size, delay, hardrock
men's max delay
instant hardrock
maximum big-size
men's max control
savage power and size
slim magic
Hip booster
Breast firming
big size and confidence?

REFERENCES
Classifieds. The Daily Nation. 29 Apr. 2014. pg 47

A181 Beauty
Size, delay, hardrock
savage power and size sol.
slim magic and tumy trimers
V-Max/power and rockhard
men Aroma therappy
men Aroma therappy
men Spanish Therappy
men Spanish Therappy
Breast firming Mombasa
Hip booster Mombasa ...etc

A230 Health
MENS big size and confidence
MENS instant hardrock


No comments:

Post a Comment